Sunday, April 28, 2013

New words from Maverick!

"First day in the dessert was not as dry as I thought.
the dessert was a lot prettier than I thought it would be
old photo from day one, we mad it to the lake our first day
cooking burritos in the dessert
there are a lot more mountains we will be climbing in the dessert than I thoight
thers one right up ahead
now it's starting to get hot
I think I found a good shelter for the rest of the day
eagle rock
we got some camping companions in the dessert. Beve in front, then Spitfire, Drew, and Dad
dad and I right before it started snowing
dad and Drew on his last night on the trail. Drew you are a great guy and will be missed by all
so it got a little chilly last night, maybe around mid 20s
the wind was blowing so hard it made little ice rasors on every branch and twig
climbing up pretty high above 8000 feet
this was an extremely beautiful place to camp but the craziest night on trail so far. Temperatures in the high 20s but the wind was insane all night. It sounded like we camped right next to a jet engine or  under a high speed train.  The next morning a day hiker told me that the news reported 92mph wind gusts on the ridge I was camped.
Mountain lion tracks in the snow following the Canadian hikers that we have been traveling with. We know the tracts were fresh because they went right over the top of there boot prints!
this was really weird but it must have been made by some kind of snake in the snow.
coming down the mountain into Idyllwild
met up with some friends from the trail
after a long cold couple of nights on the mountain I felt I deserved a reward
and I enjoyed it :)"
 "The desert was a lot prettier than I thought it would be."
"Now it's starting to get hot."
"I think I found a good shelter for the day."




2 comments:

  1. I tried to post a comment but it didnt take....LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Again....Think I got it...just had to create a name for myself/password....ALL OUR LOVE to you both....Mr. and Mrs. Nick Gale are on a cruise to the Bahama's just today...Bran turned 27 yesterday (Cinco De Mayo) Nice and warm up here in the pacific northwest San Juan Islands...Wondering where you two are at now? Mom checks in with Cindy now and then and I get updates...So cool to see all the photo's....Stay well, and GOD BLESS YOU BOTH....sending BLESSINGS and LOVE, ALWAYS, Bean, Nick and Cynthia, Brannon, and lill Buddy XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete