Monday, June 3, 2013

Lone Pine

Maverick Says:
Another rattlesnake just before we got to Lone Pine. It almost bit a dog that started walking with us but I was able to get her away.



Did I mention I picked up an ultra light fishing pole in Lone Pine?



These were caught at Guitar Lake elevation 11500 feet. They are Golden Trout and definitely the most colorful trout I have ever seen. The meat was dark red like a salmon and oh so good :)



Before we ate them I put them on ice so the other hikers behind us could see how pretty they are. Oh and that's the roe up to the left. Some of the hikers ate some raw and said it was good.



4 comments:

  1. Hey Maverick,

    I ran into you with my family today in Yosemite. We were fishing by the El Cap bridge. looks like your fishing skills put mine to shame. just wanted to say keep it up. Hope your journey is meaningful.

    Best,
    Jared

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rusty wantsto try and catch up with you on the trail somewhere>>>
    Enjoying your blog....living vicariously thru your adventure.....WOW
    Love you guys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jared! Me and Joe met you on your way up Sub Dome enroute to Half Dome. We have some cool pics of you and your dad! My email is adamraper@live.com. Facebook page is Adam Valerie Raper. Me and some other guys, including Joe, are going to head up Mt Whitney Mountaineer Route next winter in March. You should join the crew! ttyl and Happy Hiking! -adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mavrick and Lone Pole,

    Met you guys up in Echo Lake yesterday. Looking @ your blog, looks awesome. I see the Golden Trout, sweet. Hope you guys have a safe and incredible trip to Canada on the PCT!

    Shan Srivastava
    javashanker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete